Order by 5 pm PST for same-day shipping
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping on orders over $50 and a 120-day money-back guarantee
High quality 3.00mm ABS 3D printer filament (1.0kg / 2.2lbs.)
For use on printers equipped with a heated print bed.
A very common thermoplastic polymer, comprised of acrylonitrile, butadiene, and styrene. (Hence ABS)
ABS has a higher mechanical resilience thanks to the butadiene rubber.
ABS will shrink as it cools after extrusion. When printing large parts, this shrinking will cause the printed parts to warp. Increasing the ambient temperature of the printer will reduce the shrinking effect.
When making mechanical parts, especially parts exposed to higher temperatures, ABS offers a great combination of heat resistance and strength compared to PLA.
For customers interested in dissolvable/break-away supports, we offer color-matched HIPS Plastic Filament that works very well when paired with this ABS.
- Deezmaker Bukobot
- Makerbot Thing-o-Matic w/ Mk6 Stepstruder, CupCake
- Ultimaker 2
- Other printers with 3 mm compatible extruders and hot-ends, having a heated print bed
- 3Doodler 3D Pen
- BrandPrototype Supply
- Full name Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Linear CTE per 73.8
- Recommended solvent Acetone
- Made with Petrochemicals
- Glass temperature (Tg) 108 C
- Recommended extruder temperature (varies by printer) 215-245 C
- Shrinkage when cooling to room temperature High
- Recommended heated bed temperature (varies by printer) 90-110 C
- Shrinkage when cooling to elevated ambient temperature Moderate
- HDT 85
- Recommended filament packing density PD=0.86
Please note: For our Glow in the Dark filament, like most high-performance glow-in-the-dark products, the Strontium-Aluminate glow pigment contained in this filament is abrasive. Using this filament will wear down your nozzle and other extruder components. We offer wear-resistant nozzle replacements that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament. This filament should also be printed at a lower temperature than is usual for ABS to obtain the best looking results.