3DXMax Carbon Fiber Reinforced ABS Filament
Order by 5 pm PST for same-day shipping
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping on orders over $50 and a 120-day money-back guarantee
3DXMax™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced ABS Filament
A high-performance carbon fiber reinforced ABS filament ideal for anyone that desires a structrual component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, light weight, and ease of printing. Made using High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). Made in the USA using premium Sabic MG-94 ABS and high modulus carbon fiber.
- 3687 MPa Flexural Modulus (86% improvement over unfilled ABS)
- 3458 MPa Tensile Modulus (77% improvement over unfilled ABS)
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 220-235°C. 3DXMax™ CFR is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled resin. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Kapton Tape, ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.35mm orifice.
- Carbon fiber filament is more abrasive than unfilled materials, so extended use will result in more wear on your nozzle. We offer high-lubricity nozzle upgrades with a hard coating that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament.