Order by 5 pm PST for same-day shipping
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping on orders over $50 and a 120-day money-back guarantee
High quality 1.75mm PLA filament (1.0kg / 2.2lbs.)
Recommended for Makerbot Replicator 2, QU-BD One Up / Two Up
PLA is by far the most popular plastic for 3D printing. Its chief advantage is its lower shrink rate after extrusion, making it easier to print larger parts that would warp when printed with ABS or HIPS.
PLA is also stiffer than ABS at room temperature, making it a better plastic to print solid and rigid parts with very little flex. However, PLA parts are brittle and may shatter.
In addition, PLA does not work well at higher temperatures. It will begin to soften at around 50C -- and printed parts left in a car on a hot day will sag on their own!
Although PLA works fine without a heated print bed, printing with a warm print bed will yield better results.
- Most printers with 1.75mm compatible extruders and hot-ends
- Makerbot Replicator Gen5, Replicator Mini, Replicator 2X, Replicator 2, Replicator, and Thing-o-Matic w/ Mk7 Stepstruder
- Fusion3 F306
- FlashForge Creator and Dreamer series
- Wanhao Duplicator 4-series
- Type A Machines
- Afinia H-Series
- Up! Mini, Plus, and Plus2
- Deezmaker Bukito
- MakerGear M2
- PrintrBot Metal Simple, Simple, Plus, LC, original
- QU-BD Revolution, RPM, OneUp, TwoUp
- BrandPrototype Supply
- Full name Poly Lactic Acid
- Made from Starch derived from corn and other plant sources
- Glass temperature (Tg) 55 C
- Recommended extruder temperature 190-220 C (Varies by printer)
- Shrinkage when cooling to room temperature Low
- Recommended heated bed temperature Unheated OK. 50-60C for best results.
- Shrinkage when cooling to elevated ambient temperature Very low
- HDT 50C
- Recommended filament packing density PD=1
Please note: For our Glow in the Dark filament, like most high-performance glow-in-the-dark products, the Strontium-Aluminate glow pigment contained in this filament is abrasive. Using this filament will wear down your nozzle and other extruder components. We offer wear-resistant nozzle replacements that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament. This filament should also be printed at a lower temperature than is usual for PLA to obtain the best looking results.