1.75mm Glow in the Dark ABS Filament by Prototype Supply, 1kg
Order by 5 pm PST for same-day shipping
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping on orders over $50 and a 120-day money-back guarantee
High quality 1.75mm Glow in the Dark ABS filament (1.0kg / 2.2lbs.)
Make eye catching objects that glow in the dark! The high-performance glow pigments in our glow in the dark ABS filament charge from sunlight, incandescent bulbs, or UV lamps, and give off a bright green or a more subdued blue glow that lasts for a very long time.
Please note: Like most high-performance glow-in-the-dark products, the Strontium-Aluminate glow pigment contained in this filament is abrasive. Using this filament will wear down your nozzle and other extruder components. We offer wear-resistant nozzle replacements that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament. This filament should also be printed at a lower temperature than is usual for ABS to obtain the best looking results.
For use on printers equipped with a heated print bed.
- Most printers with 1.75mm compatible extruders and hot-ends, having a heated print bed (or heated chamber)
- Makerbot Replicator 2X, Replicator and Thing-o-Matic with the Mk7 Stepstruder
- Fusion3 F306
- FlashForge Creator and Dreamer series
- Wanhao Duplicator 4-series
- Afinia H-Series (see note)
- Up! Mini, Plus and Plus 2 (see note)
- Solidoodle, 4, Solidoodle 3, Solidoodle 2
- MakerGear M2
- PrintrBot Plus, LC, Original
- QU-BD Revolution, RPM, OneUp (when equipped with optional heat bed), TwoUp (when equipped with optional heat bed)
- Note: C1 series Prototype Supply ABS filament is designed for printing at a lower temperature than the high-temperature ABS used on Afinia and Up! printers. Rafts and supports may be more difficult to remove when printing on stock (unmodified) printers when using standard-temperature ABS.
- BrandPrototype Supply
- Full nameAcrylonitirile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Linear CTE ~74 (um/m K)
- Recommended solventAcetone
- Derived fromPetrochemicals
- Glass temperature (Tg)108 C
- Recommended extruder temperature200-230 C (varies by printer; GITD runs cooler than non-GITD filament)
- Shrinkage when cooling to room temperatureHigh
- Recommended heated bed temperature (varies by printer) 90-110 C
- Shrinkage when cooling to elevated ambient temperatureModerate
- Recommended filament packing densityPD=0.86
IMPORTANT USAGE NOTES
Glow-in-the-dark filament contains Strontium Aluminate (SrAl) for its glowing properties. Please note that SrAl is an abrasive and may lead to faster wearing of your printer's nozzle and other components that are in sliding contact with the filament. We continue to offer this product for customers that need to print glow-in-the-dark objects, as we are not aware of any non-abrasive alternatives for producing glow-in-the-dark 3d prints. Customers should use this product with the understanding that extended use of this product may lead to printing problems that require replacing some components (specifically, the extruder, the hot end, and the nozzle). We offer high-lubricity nozzle upgrades with a hard coating that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament.