ToyBuilder Labs Professional Services
Electronics and Product Design Services
From single-unit prototypes to turnkey sourcing of finished products, we can help you bring your product ideas to the market.
Our focus and experience is centered around electronics and product design, with related experience in software development, enterprise IT (networking and systems), and product manufacturing. We provide our clients with technical solutions that are suitably engineered for their needs.
- System analysis and design, including key technical and market considerations for success
- Electronics schematics design and printed circuit board (PCB) layout with Altium Designer
- PCB layout with high layer counts (up to 20 layers)
- PCB layout with critical / complex mechanical design requirements
- Firmware and software development
- Mechanical CAD work to supplement the electronics, including sheet metal work
- Developing bare-metal firmware to embedded-OS software
- Board assembly with surface-mount (SMD / SMT) and through-hole (T/H) components.
- Building and testing prototypes
- PCBA repairs (component removal/replacement/rework)
- Regulatory testing for FCC / UL compliance
- Rapid prototyping with "breakout boards" for proof-of-concept designs.
- Detailed prototyping with custom designed circuit boards.
- Turnkey design and manufacturing of finished electronics products
We can work with customer-supplied data from most popular electronics design software, and frequently integrate mechanical data from Solidworks and other standard CAD data formats.
PCB Design and Layout Services
We have developed a wide variety of circuit boards, including:
- Industry standard 2- and 4-layer boards with surface mount and through-hole components
- Higher-complexity boards up to to 20- layers
- High-speed / high-density boards meeting complex length-matching/timing requirements
- Circuit boards with complex mechanical dimensional requirements
- Flex- and rigid-flex circuits with features on multiple work planes
- Products incorporating bluetooth, BLE, WiFi, and serial interfaces (SPI, I2C, LIN, RS-232, RS-485)
Building Props, Demos, and Prototypes
We design, assemble and test prototype electronics with our in-house equipment. For volume production, we work with contract manufacturing partners to provide turn-key manufacturing.
Need a one-off demonstration, custom props, or proof-of-concept prototypes? We're here to help!
We have served the following industries, and look forward to serving yours!
- Remote Sensing / Image Acquisition
- Scientific Instrumentation
- Cinema and Digital Displays
- Medical Devices
- Toys and Novelties
- Amusement Centers / Escape Room
- Entertainment and Music
- Wired and Wireless Communication
- Commercial / Enterprise IT and Networking
Please contact us with your challenges. We look forward to serving you!