Order by 5 pm PST for same-day shipping
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping on orders over $50 and a 120-day money-back guarantee
High quality 1.75mm ABS 3D printer filament (1.0kg / 2.2lbs.)
For use on 3D printers equipped with a heated print bed.
ABS is a commonly used thermoplastic polymer, comprised of acrylonitrile, butadiene, and styrene. (Hence ABS.) ABS has a higher mechanical resilience thanks to the butadiene rubber.
ABS will shrink as it cools after extrusion. When printing large parts, this shrinking will cause the printed parts to warp. Increasing the ambient temperature of the printer will reduce the shrinking effect.
When making mechanical parts, especially parts exposed to higher temperatures, ABS offers a great combination of heat resistance and strength compared to PLA.
For customers interested in dissolvable/break-away supports, we offer color-matched Prototype Supply HIPS plastic filament that works very well when paired with this ABS.
- Most printers with 1.75mm compatible extruders and hot-ends, having a heated print bed (or heated chamber)
- Makerbot Replicator 2X, Replicator and Thing-o-Matic with the Mk7 Stepstruder
- Fusion3 F306
- FlashForge Creator and Dreamer series
- Wanhao Duplicator 4-series
- Afinia H-Series (see note)
- Up! Mini, Plus and Plus 2 (see note)
- Solidoodle, 4, Solidoodle 3, Solidoodle 2
- MakerGear M2
- PrintrBot Plus, LC, Original
- QU-BD Revolution, RPM, OneUp (when equipped with optional heat bed), TwoUp (when equipped with optional heat bed)
- Note: C1 series Prototype Supply ABS filament is designed for printing at a lower temperature than the high-temperature ABS used on Afinia and Up! printers. Rafts and supports may be more difficult to remove when printing on stock (unmodified) printers when using standard-temperature ABS.
- BrandPrototype Supply
- Full nameAcrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Linear CTE ~74 (um/m K)
- Recommended solventAcetone
- Derived fromPetrochemicals
- Glass temperature (Tg)108 C
- Recommended extruder temperature (varies by printer) 215-245 C
- Shrinkage when cooling to room temperatureHigh
- Recommended heated bed temperature (varies by printer) 90-110 C
- Shrinkage when cooling to elevated ambient temperatureModerate
- Recommended filament packing densityPD=0.86
Please note: For our Glow in the Dark filament, like most high-performance glow-in-the-dark products, the Strontium-Aluminate glow pigment contained in this filament is abrasive. Using this filament will wear down your nozzle and other extruder components. We offer wear-resistant nozzle replacements that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament. This filament should also be printed at a lower temperature than is usual for ABS to obtain the best looking results.