1.75mm Glow in the Dark PLA Filament by Prototype Supply, 1kg
Order by 5 pm PST for same-day shipping
Free USPS Priority Mail shipping on orders over $50 and a 120-day money-back guarantee
High quality Glow in the Dark 1.75mm PLA filament (1.0kg / 2.2lbs.)
Make eye catching objects that glow in the dark! The high-performance glow pigments in our glow in the dark PLA filament charge from sunlight, incandescent bulbs, or UV lamps, and give off a bright green or a more subdued blue glow that lasts for a very long time.
Please note: Like most high-performance glow-in-the-dark products, the Strontium-Aluminate glow pigment contained in this filament is abrasive. Using this filament will wear down your nozzle and other extruder components. We offer wear-resistant nozzle replacements that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament. This filament should also be printed at a lower temperature than is usual for PLA to obtain the best looking results.
Although PLA works fine without a heated print bed, printing with a warm print bed will yield better results.
- Makerbot Replicator 2X, Replicator 2, Replicator, and Thing-o-Matic w/ Mk7 Stepstruder
- Afinia H-Series
- Up! Mini, Plus, and Plus2
- Deezmaker Bukito
- MakerGear M2
- PrintrBot Simple, Plus, LC, original
- QU-BD Revolution, RPM, OneUp, TwoUp
- Other printers with 1.75mm compatible extruders and hot-ends
- BrandPrototype Supply
- Full namePoly Lactic Acid
- Made fromStarch derived from corn and other plant sources
- Glass temperature (Tg)55 C
- Recommended extruder temperature 170-210 C (Varies by printer; GITD filament runs cooler than other non-GITD filament.)
- Shrinkage when cooling to room temperatureLow
- Recommended heated bed temperature Unheated OK. 50-60C for best results.
- Shrinkage when cooling to elevated ambient temperatureVery low
- Recommended filament packing density PD=1
IMPORTANT USAGE NOTES
Glow-in-the-dark filament contains Strontium Aluminate (SrAl) for its glowing properties. Please note that SrAl is an abrasive and may lead to faster wearing of your printer's nozzle and other components that are in sliding contact with the filament. We continue to offer this product for customers that need to print glow-in-the-dark objects, as we are not aware of any non-abrasive alternatives for producing glow-in-the-dark 3d prints. Customers should use this product with the understanding that extended use of this product may lead to printing problems that require replacing some components (specifically, the extruder, the hot end, and the nozzle). We offer high-lubricity nozzle upgrades with a hard coating that last much longer than regular brass nozzles when printing abrasive filament.