Algix 3D-Fuel Advanced PLA 1.75mm
Algix 3D-Fuel Advanced PLA Filament is produced from high heat grade PLA, which was developed specifically for the manufacturing of 3D printer filament. High heat grade resin exhibits improved heat-resistance and has faster crystallization rates. When using 3D Fuel filament made from this resin, you can expect:
- low odor
- higher print detail/resolution,
- excellent first layer adhesion,
- improved adhesion between layers
- reduced warping, curling and failed prints (as reported by the resin manufacturer).
Our filament extrusion system uses dual axis micrometer measurement systems to check the diameter and roundness during production. This helps us guarantee that each spool of 3D Fuel filament is produced with a precision tolerance. We can guarantee ±0.05mm on our 1.75mm filament and ±0.08mm on our 2.85mm 3D Fuel filament, which means you can rest assured that your printer is extruding the exact amount of material without causing jams, clogs and headaches.
- This filament will run best at an extrusion temperature of 190-230 ºC.
- It is recommended to use high water content hairspray (as opposed to high ethyl alcohol content) or painter’s tape on the build plate to ensure the first layer of the print sticks to the plate.
- Clean the base plate after each day of printing.
- For more stability and a higher quality print: - Reduce speed of extruder to 30-60mm/second - Increase infill to 30% - Reduce layer height to 0.10mm
- For prints with curvatures, it is recommended to turn on rafts and supports in your settings.
- Print in an area with good airflow.
- Clean nozzle after every use.
- To get the maximum strength out of your 3D printed part, we recommend a post- annealing procedure that could be done in your oven (at a range of 176-266°F (80- 130°C) to promote increased crystallization and further improve the heat deflection temperature. (Annealing is simply a method of "baking" the finished product. The extended heat will help to make the part stronger. Anneal in an oven at about 130°C for an hour or more.)
- Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Material: PLA
- Manufacturer: Algix 3D